Human Resources Committee
Purpose: The HR committee ensures that the UUCC hires great employees, treats existing employees well, and complies with the relevant employment laws.
- Leads the recruiting and selection process when the church is hiring employees. Establishes a recruiting plan, selection system, and involves interested parties in the process to ensure that newly hired employees have the knowledge, technical capabilities, and interpersonal skills necessary to be successful.
- Coordinates the performance evaluation process with the minister to ensure that employees receive feedback on job performance.
- Evaluates compensation rates and works with the minister to recommend compensation level adjustments when necessary.
- Provides an avenue for employees to discuss or report concerns related to their employment at the church.
- Updates handbook as necessary due to changes in church policies, laws, etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.