The mission of the Connections Team is:
- Welcoming – by all and to all
- Connecting – communicate opportunities to socialize, engage, help and lead, both in our church and the wider community
- Streamlining – put our processes into writing and provide training to volunteers
The primary functions of the Connections Team are to:
- Collect address records for visitors and a maintain the current membership list.
- Notify the office of new members to arrange for subscriptions to the “UU World” magazine.
- Track attendance of members, friends, and visitors. This information is used to follow up with newcomers and to contact congregants who have been absent from services who may need assistance/or referral to Caring Community.
- Recruit, train, and schedule Greeters for Sunday Services.
- Keep the Welcome Desk supplied and staffed.
- Maintain the brochure rack
- Provide name tags
- Provide an “Incredible Introducer” to share information on Sunday mornings, and highlight “Super Servers”
- Make a concerted effort to sit with visitors and to introduce them to others during coffee.
- Publish a Church Directory every year and an update addendum as needed.
- Provide orientation/path to membership opportunities and new member joining ceremony annually