The mission of the Connections Team is:
- Welcoming – by all and to all
- Connecting – improve communication of opportunities to socialize, engage, help and lead, both in our community and the community at large
- Streamlining – put our processes into writing, provide training to more people
The primary functions of the Connections Team are to:
- Keep an updated visitor card file in the office as well as a current membership list.
- Notify the office of new members as the office arranges for subscriptions to the “UU World” magazine.
- Keep a running list of visitors and guests and a Sunday attendance list. The latter is used to contact congregants who have been absent from Services who may need assistance/or referral to Caring Community.
- Provide Greeters for Sunday Services.
- Keep the Welcome Table and the Welcome Desk staffed.
- Keep the brochure rack maintained, visitor cards filled out, provide initial name tags and later requests name tags for visitors, friends, and members from the office.
- Make a concerted effort to sit with visitors and to introduce them to others during coffee.
- Send welcome notes to first time visitors and “missing you” notes to members and visitors as needed.
- Publish a Church Directory every year and an update addendum as needed.
- Hold an Orientation/Path to Membership meeting a minimum of twice a year.